"Let us all work together for a shared future": Xi Jinping's New Year address, highlights and video
Highlights from the address:
- At the historical convergence of the Two Centenary Goals, we have set out on a new journey of building a modern socialist country in all respects and are making confident strides on the path toward the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation.
- On July 1, we solemnly celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party of China (CPC), standing on the Tiananmen Rostrum, one could only marvel at the extraordinary journey traveled by this major Party, a journey of the Chinese Communists leading the Chinese people, in their hundreds of millions, in an unyielding struggle against all obstacles and challenges, and scoring spectacular, epoch-making achievements over the last century.
- The concerns of the people are what I always care about, and the aspirations of the people are what I always strive for. Having worked in the countryside myself, I know exactly what poverty feels like. Thanks to the sustained efforts of the Chinese people from generation to generation, those who once lived in poverty no longer have to worry about food or clothing, or access to housing, education or medical insurance.
- Realization of a moderately prosperous society and elimination of extreme poverty is what the CPC delivered to our people, and it is also a contribution to the world.
- Let us all work together for a shared future